The almighty “THEY” say adult coloring books are “supposed” to be relaxing.
I loved coloring, I colored into my teens.
Now I don’t think I would call it relaxing though.
For Christmas I received some coloring books. They have bigger pictures, the smaller, more intricicate designs would have driven me to madness. I figured I could use them to relax…
Boy was I wrong!
I have found that coloring actually causes me some stress.
I guess when it comes to me coloring I’m a perfectionist, I’m not in ANY other aspect of my life.
Some of the thoughts that go through my head are…
- My pencil is too dull I need to sharpen it
- What happened to the sharpener?
- Did I go out of the line a little bit?
- Did I use this color already?
- Is there too much of color X?
- I don’t have enough variety of colors.
- The lines aren’t blending together
Then I need to deal with my kids stealing my colored pencils and they ask if they can color a little bit of may page? Are you out of your mind?
How could I find this relaxing?
I know I need to loosen up, it’s just a coloring book. But this is the one and only thing I’m this neurotic about.
What do you get neurotic about?