I am the lucky mother of three tweens. I can’t believe that I hit the tween lottery. They are 10, 11 and 12 (girl, boy, girl). I’m not getting out of this stage anytime soon.
It seems I know so many ways to ruin their day. It can be done with very little effort on my part. I don’t even have to move most of the time.
I HAVE THE POWER!!!!
Let me let you in on the secret…
- Ask how their day was
- Wake them up in the morning
- Clean their room
- Fold their laundry
- Tell them dinner is ready
- Not know where they left their stuff
- Ask for help
- Don’t immediately replace all the food they just ate (the food you bought two days ago)
- Ask what they’re doing
- Knock on their door
- Don’t let them stay home by themselves
- Ask them to make sure the shower curtain is INSIDE the tub before the turn on the shower
- Ask them to dry off they floor when they don’t fix the shower curtain
- Remind them to get a towel before they get in the shower so they don’t have to yell for one
- Glance in their direction
- Don’t let them sit in the front seat
- Ask them to do the same thing for the fifth in a row (like put on deodorant)
- Request they put down their devise
- Make them go to bed
Some days are better than others. There are days that they all get along and then there are days that I just shut my bedroom door and don’t come out until they’ve all calmed down.
The tween years started two years ago and I still have three more to go. Then while I’m still dealing with the tween years, the teen ones will be underway.
I hope I make it through.
Anyone else neck deep in tween drama?