Every year I come up with “plans” for myself. I don’t say goals or resolutions because resolutions are rarely kept and if goals aren’t met, there can be a feeling of failure attached. I like to use plans, because plans can change and adapt.
This is what I came up with for 2017…
- Get back to my high school weight, somewhere around 115 pounds.
- Exercise for at least 90 minutes every day.
- Have my kids in activities everyday, they need to be enriched.
- Make all of my meals/food from scratch.
- Not leave the house without my hair done and full make up done.
- Buy a whole new wardrobe for each season.
- Keep the house spotless…like a museum.
- Reach at least 500,000 followers, subscribers, views on all of my social media platforms.
- Join every committee I come across.
- Get my doctorate.
I’m just kidding!
That list would end up a complete failure first thing in the morning when I bring my kids to school. Here’s my real plan.
- Lose the weight I put back on and get back to where I need to be. This is a health priority. The more weight I carry, the worse my heart disease can get.
- Exercise again. Once again, this is a health issue. I need to do more cardio (walking) and definitely need more muscle mass.
- I do need to get my kids into some activities. We recently moved and they need something new. We’re planning on swim for all three, gymnastics and art for Stella, Teddy wants to do lacrosse again and we need to find something for Maizie.
- Plan my weekly meals in advance. I did this before we moved and it was great, I just need to get back into doing it again. It makes grocery shopping much easier and I won’t be racking my brain trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.
- I need to get my hair cut and highlighted, the grays are multiplying rapidly. I also need to get a foundation that can cover up the spots on my face that haven’t been burnt off yet.
- Get myself some new duds. Last summer I did buy a bunch of new shorts, but I currently have 3 pairs of jeans that I wear. I seriously don’t remember the last time I bought a pair of jeans. Some new shoes would be nice, but I HATE shoe shopping.
- I need to get and keep the house organized. We recently moved and there are still things that don’t have a permanent home. I need to find them one and make sure they find their way back home (huge issue in our house).
- I really, really want to grow my blogs and You Tube channels. I don’t have any numbers in mind, but if 500,000 happens WOO HOO!
- Work on my writing projects. I have three projects that I am working on right now. One just needs to be edited, one needs to be sorted through and revamped and the other needs to get off of the tiny pieces of paper and onto a real page.
- I want to learn something new. I have no idea what.
So there it is, my plan for 2017.
Do you have any plans?