Let’s face it, the world is full of
dangerous potentially deadly objects and I think we may need to rid our environments of them before we all fall victim.
I keep hearing about how dangerous fidget spinners are. They have been articles and news reports about kids choking. These were older kids 5 years old and 10 years old. If my kids put something in their mouth after having been told not to, I just take it away from them.
If my child doesn’t possess the personal maturity to not put toys in their mouth, that’s MY problem…not society’s.
If every thing that could be considered a hazard had to be recalled or removed from the shelves because children are getting hurt houses would be empty.
I’ve got a number of items that I feel we need to get rid of so that kids can be safe.
Forks – My kids have hit their teeth while eating several times, as have my husband and I. I have also dropped a fork on my foot and been stabbed by one while loading and unloading the dishwasher.
Stairs – Everyone in my house has fallen down and up the stairs. Every building should be flat, how can we expect our children to navigate the all those tripping hazards?
Other Siblings – They can hurt each other, whether accidentally or intentionally. We should really be implements a no sibling policy.
Soap – Have you ever heard a child scream when they get soap in their eye? Oh wait that might have been me. Well my kids have done that too, not pleasant for anyone. Bath time is supposed to be enjoyable (it’s not really tearless).
Furniture – My kids and my husband and I have stubbed out toes on our furniture, and let me tell you…it hurts. My kids learned a lot of R-rated words when I stub my toe. We need to outlaw furniture, floors for all!
Liquids – I have slipped when there have been liquids left on the floor, because my kids didn’t feel like cleaning up the mess they made. So dangerous, they need warning labels on the bottles and all faucets.
Beds – I’ve had kids fall out of bed and I can’t even count the number of times I’ve thrown out my back making beds. They all need to go. Sleeping bags for everyone (until someone gets hurt by the zipper).
This is just a small list of things we need to recall, put warning labels on or simply get rid of all together because they are just too dangerous.